Friday, April 12, 2013

First Blog Ever!


This is my first blog post (ever!).
-This was back in January-
I'm for hire as a voice actor, commercial voice, narrator, phone prompting sytem voice, educational, corporate, animation, video games, etc.  
Full production capabilities too. (music/sfx etc.)
Whatever kind of voice work you need.
I just submitted my first completed audiobook narration for sale.
It will be available in a couple of weeks exclusively on Amazon, Audible and I Tunes.
I found out about a website ACX.com where authors and publishers can hook up with voice talent and have thier books produced into audiobooks.  
Being unemployed, I was curious.
I made a profile and auditioned for a few books.  Author, Colbert Bellevue, contacted me almost immediately and asked for a sample read of his book.  He liked the sample and I was chosen to narrate his book, How to Make Many Pen Pals and Meet the Woman of Your Dreams in the Phillipines, Thailand, and China. If you are interested in getting into a relationship with an asian woman, it is a must read (or should I say, listen).  I hope we sell a ton!  I had fun doing it.  It's here if you are interested: http://www.audible.com/pd/ref=sr_1_3?asin=B00AOB2OJK&qid=1365795075&sr=1-3
Now, I'm working on The Works of F.Scott Fitzgerald.  Talk about a huge project!  This one requires me to do many different characters, so it will really test my voice acting ability!  I'll let you know how it progresses as I go.  I'm up to Chapter 4 in the novel This Side of Paradise right now.
(-JUMP AHEAD TO APRIL 2013-)
Ok, now I have three audiobooks produced and for sale, and almost done with the 4th!
The F.Scott Fitzgerald collection is done and has been for sale for a month now.
The Postmortem Scrapbook by K.R. Helms is finished and available too!
This is an awesome book of short psychological/thriller/paranormal/horror stories that are fun to listen to.
The shortest one is about 5 minutes long, and the longest one is about 45 minutes.
It's about 4 1/2 hours of total listening.
The author is very talented and is a cool guy and easy to work with.
He is releasing a novel called Apocalycious soon.  I'm betting it's going to be epic!
He's said he wants me to narrate it for him also!  I can't wait to read it and get started.
But, I need to finish up the book I'm currently working on:  Flashing My Shorts by Salvatore Buttaci.
It's a book of 200 micro-short stories. Most are between 5 to 10 minutes long, and some are only a few sentences!  Some are scary, some are funny, some are sci-fi, and so on.  Very diverse collection of bite size literature.  I'm about 3/4 done right now.  It will be about 8 1/2 hours long in total when I'm finished.
A fun book for sure!  Be looking for it soon!
On another side note, I've been asked by http://talestoterrify.com/ to be a guest narrator for their weekly podcasts.  Not a paying gig, but a little self promotion on my part.  
Is this enough for a blog?  Probably too much huh?  Well congratulations if you read all the way to here!
Everyone keeps telling me I need at least a blog page in adition to my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/jay.wohlert), so here it is!
I'll do my best to post something here at least weekly.
Thanks!
Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment